CALL FOR PAPERS
Join the largest IT Community Conference in Saxony!
The JUG Saxony Day, the largest IT community conference in Saxony with over 550 participants, will take place from September 26 to 27, 2024. For 11 years now, the conference stands for sustainable knowledge exchange, inspiration, innovation and networking for everyone whose heart beats for IT and software development.
We cordially invite you to join us in making this day an unforgettable event and submit a presentation.
Submit your lectures online.
Submission deadline: 1. April 2024
We seek for lectures in the following areas:
Hypes, trends, visions: Which technology fascinates you at the moment?
- Beyond Java – Lectures about programming languages and ecosystems besides Java, e.g., about Kotlin, Rust, Typescript, Python, Go etc., incl. the corresponding tools, libraries, frameworks as well as language-typical patterns or architectural styles.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – Lectures on the theory and application of AI and ML techniques such as neural networks in all forms, AI frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch/PyTorch, Keras etc.
- Java technology and enterprise as well as mobile applications with Java – Lectures on current developments and trends related to the programming language Java and enterprise applications of Java with all technologies from Spring to Java EE, including all variants of mobile applications
Development, architecture, leadership: What defines good software development for you?
- Software development process – Lectures accompanying the software development process: requirements management, agile approaches, version control, CI/CD and operation
- Architecture – Lectures on software architecture and design
Student, junior, senior: Which know-how do you want to share with us?
- You are planning a special lecture outside of Java or beyond software development, be it about another programming language, on approaches such as design thinking or skills such as team development and corporate management or one. A lecture with greater audience involvement or other performances? We are open to your suggestions!
- Instead of a front-of-class presentation, you can also submit a case study, a live coding session or a short workshop.
- Newbies beware! You have not yet given a talk at a conference? The JUG Saxony Day 2024 is your chance! We are planning a special room for everyone who is standing on a conference stage for the first time. There you have the opportunity to give a lecture on a topic of your choice in front of a sympathetic audience and get feedback. Go ahead - we are available to answer all your questions and are sure that you will have fond memories of this conference day for a long time!
Scope of submission
The submitted should briefly describe the contents of the planned presentation. 60 minutes are available for a presentation and 20 minutes for a short presentation. Questions and discussion are included in this time. Overall, the program will probably consist of a keynote, 24 lectures and 12 short lectures. Conference language is German. We highly appreciate presentations in English – please include the presentation language in your submission.
The Call for Papers ends on April 1st, 2024. After that, the program committee will review and evaluate all submissions. The conference program is expected to be presented in May 2024.
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Aßmann, TU Dresden
- Julia Dellnitz, smidig GmbH
- Oliver Drotbohm, VMware
- Bernd Fischer, MindApproach GmbH
- Steffen Gemkow, ObjectFab GmbH
- Dr. Falk Hartmann, JUG Saxony e. V.
- Yvonne Horn, Qilmo
- Michael Hunger, Neo4j Inc.
- Tobias Israel, BUSCHMAIS GbR
- Linda Knechtel, Staffbase GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Mario Neugebauer, HTW Dresden
- Christoph Schmidt, Otto Group Solution Provider (OSP) GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Karsten Weicker, HTWK Leipzig
Please send questions about the conference and the call for papers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A summary, the description, the presentation slides and, if applicable, image and sound recordings will be published by the JUG Saxony e. V. Therefore, these contents must are at least placed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Germany license (ccl, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/de/).
By submitting a paper, you agree to accept this license. If you want to place your work under a different license, you must indicate this in your submission.
Rules of conduct
WWe expect our speakers to accept the conference’s rules of conduct at Verhaltensregeln auf der Konferenz.
Compensation for contribution/Payment of travel expenses
The JUG Saxony Day is a non-commercial event. The organizer of the conference is the JUG Saxony e. V. We ask for your understanding that no compensation will be paid for contributions and no travel expenses for speakers can be covered (neither full nor in part).
Free tickets for speakers
Speakers and co-speakers each receive a free ticket and do not have to register via the registration portal. Co-speakers must be registered with the submission or communicated to the organizational team at latest by the time the program is published. Free tickets are available for a maximum of two speakers per presentation. Additional co-speakers must purchase a paid ticket via the registration portal.