ASML Germany GmbH Karriereseite
Big Data/ Microservices Architect (m/w/d)
Dresden - Festanstellung
Are you a successful Java software architect who wants to master the very latest emerging technologies? Do you have the thirst to truly understand business and user needs and then translate them into software solutions that make measurable business impact? And are you eager to take a truly holistic view of the semiconductor industry and all of its exciting, fast-developing technologies? If so, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for a talented architect for a team located in Dresden, Germany, who embraced Big Data and Microservices long ago. Someone with experience in breaking monolithic applications into effective and efficient microservices. More so where applications were at the forefront of today’s and tomorrow’s challenges on Big Data. Enabling robust data-engineering, database structures, fetching, processing, interacting and visualizing.
Are you the one who wants to take up your next challenge in our industry, work with state of the art machines and data for the greater challenge in Semiconductor Fabs? It could be you – please apply!
Your mission is to spearhead projects in our novel business line within ASML, to interact with customers and create applications in a diverse range of processes – across the entire web fab environment. Moreover, these applications will strike a positive impact at the core of our customers’ business. To achieve this you will need to keep pace with, and implement, the very latest developments and innovation in software. And more than just exceptional technical talent, you will need to develop excellent communications skills that will enable you to not only investigate customer requirements to the n-th degree but also to explain and convince non-software people about the nature of complex applications.
Our applications push the boundaries in chip manufacturing, for this we are proud in ASML. The data going around increases tremendously and it is up to you to architect robust solutions to manage them. Not only storing them, but foremost enable in a keen and effective way processing. We embark on Gartner’s route on Analytics, you join us to transform from descriptive, diagnostic to predictive and prescriptive Analytics.
You will become a dynamic investigator, visionary and recognized solutions provider. This is more than source code. This is a challenging position requiring you to develop and practice an exciting new variety of abilities and skills. But because the impact you will make is so immediate and so significant it is also a position that comes with great satisfaction and an immense sense of achievement.
As a software architect you will specify application software architecture, keeping testability, extendibility and maintainability in mind. But this is ASML, so the key challenge is to map this knowledge and experience to the benefit of our software products.
In particular, you will:
- Be the owner/writer of the software requirements & design specifications, and maintain this with focus on improvements from lessons learned and customer feedback (Issues, 8Ds);
- Define product/function requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms;
- Translate business requirements into systems qualities and hence into repeatable design strategies and patterns that enable those qualities;
- Survey external emerging developments, and apply new technologies, standards and methodologies that will have a positive impact on our company's bottom-line;
- Feel the pulse of the market, management, and development team. Balance the interests of the customer, the organization and the people, in creating an architecture that fulfils the requirements, matches the business goals, and is workable & implementable;
- Identify and mitigate risks during the development of new products;
- Identify the most important architectural issues in the existing architecture – rather than being complete, or rather than creating new architecture from scratch;
- Prioritize not only your own work, but also the technical issues, especially distinguishing between ‘urgent’ and ‘important’. Not surprisingly here at ASML there are plenty of opportunities for professional growth, hence to further develop an extremely valuable set of new hard-and soft-skills.
MSc, PDEng or PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 5+ years from which at least 3 years as a Software Architect in the high-tech industry.
- Big Data Architectures / Microservices / Docker / Test & Validation frameworks / UML / Object orientation / Java SE, EE / Scrum experience all expected.
- Experience with Oracle, Mongo, Kafka, and other common deployments in today’s Big Data world.
- You should first of all be passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that it will impact millions of end-users worldwide;
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented;
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions;
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology;
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work;
- You are a role model for your team and they trust your technical as well as interpersonal and coaching skills;
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group;
- You are client and quality oriented – you do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
Context of the position
This group is responsible for design, implementation, testing and integration of (Big) Data Intensive dashboarding, root-cause and other extensive Analysis tooling. Such tooling is intended for High Volume Manufacturing applications in semiconductor fabs, and is built by several Scrum teams. Each team consists of software development engineers, tester, functional experts, product owner and scrum master. Here, as part of the software development team, help safeguard quality of delivered software by improving test approach and speeding up qualification of team deliverables.
Jobs im Bereich Softwareentwicklung bei ASML
ASML stellt für weltweit führende Halbleiterfirmen High-Tech-Lithografiesysteme her. Unsere Maschinen können Milliarden von Strukturen in wenigen Sekunden mit einer Genauigkeit von wenigen Siliziumatomen abbilden. Um Mikrochips herzustellenn, die kleiner, schneller und energieeffizienter sind, gehen die Anforderungen an diese Systeme über die Hardware hinaus.
Software bringt unsere Maschinen auf die nächste Ebene, und deshalb ist exzelentes Software-Design und Entwicklung für uns von entscheidender Bedeutung. Dabei verwenden wir traditionelle und moderne Sprachen wie Java und Python und verwenden neueste Architekturen und Laufzeitumgebungen wie Linux-Container.
Wenn Sie sich in diesen Technologien zu Hause sind und diese in effizienten Lösungen umsetzen können, melden Sie sich bitte bei uns.
ASML Germany GmbH
Mr. Guido Volleberg