ASML Germany GmbH Karriereseite
Customer Support Engineer (m/w/d) - based in Hamburg
Dresden - Festanstellung
Are you challenged by complex technical products and realizing improvement processes in a customer service environment? Are you able to analyze and understand failure modes of technical parts and determine possible root causes together with a team of technical experts? Do you have a quality mind-set? If so, then a job as Customer Support Engineer within ASML Business Line Mature Products Team may be right for you!
The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML PAS stepper machines at customer site and for the necessary transfer of knowledge to the customer.
- Install equipment at customer’s locations, including new equipment, upgrades and system relocations on PAS platform.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs. Work with co-workers, customer, and technical support in isolating and solving problems.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment. Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties which include procedure changes, pass-downs, work orders, field service, system problem and monthly reports.
- Independently and accurately prepare written technical reports.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
Up to Bachelor degree in a technical field like: (Applied) Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics or comparable.
- Proven interest and/or experience with technical hands-on in professional environment or during education.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
- Experience working according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Solid service, process, project & change management skills
- Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions
- Problem Analysis skills
- Excellent professional communication in English
- Pro-active and a strong drive for results
- Zero defect quality mindset
- Flexible and able to work in changing environments
- Strong influencing skills (able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization (influencing without power))
- Act under high pressure (no 9-5 mentality)
- Affinity with logistic processes
Context of the position
The position will be part of Business Line Mature Products department that is responsible for the entire installed base of steppers and scanners.
Please note that position requires to work at the customer site and the willingness to work flexible shifts and extended hours. Working on weekends is part of the so called 7x12 shift schedule. Valid driver’s license and passport required. You are expected to relocate to the proximity of the customer FAB in Hamburg. In case customer demand is changing, you may be requested to change the work condition as travelling engineer, which will require 60% of time traveling across EU to conduct the work at the customer.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the mentioned documents.
Jobs im Bereich Softwareentwicklung bei ASML
ASML stellt für weltweit führende Halbleiterfirmen High-Tech-Lithografiesysteme her. Unsere Maschinen können Milliarden von Strukturen in wenigen Sekunden mit einer Genauigkeit von wenigen Siliziumatomen abbilden. Um Mikrochips herzustellenn, die kleiner, schneller und energieeffizienter sind, gehen die Anforderungen an diese Systeme über die Hardware hinaus.
Software bringt unsere Maschinen auf die nächste Ebene, und deshalb ist exzelentes Software-Design und Entwicklung für uns von entscheidender Bedeutung. Dabei verwenden wir traditionelle und moderne Sprachen wie Java und Python und verwenden neueste Architekturen und Laufzeitumgebungen wie Linux-Container.
Wenn Sie sich in diesen Technologien zu Hause sind und diese in effizienten Lösungen umsetzen können, melden Sie sich bitte bei uns.
ASML Germany GmbH
Mr. Guido Volleberg